Fosdem 2015 - interesting links
- Web pages in Firefox are getting a Bluetooth API for pairing and sharing data directly between devices and web apps.
- GeoTrelis is a tool for doing fast queries against geospatial raster data. The demo I saw was priocessing several GB in a few sseconds on a standard laptop.
- GeoGig is distributed versioning of geospatial data.
- Matrix a distibuted comms system, but looks like it could also be used as a distributed immutable datastore.
- DIY book scanning [is a thing].(http://www.diybookscanner.org/)
- Pump.io is a library for building distributed social network type things. I bet there's a couple of hyperlocal things in that.
- Media Goblin is a decentalised Flickr/Youtube type thing. When we all have tiny home server, and it has had some UI love maybe this will be a goer.
- Scrapy is simple, serious looking scraper library for Python.
- Open Food Facts is building an open database of what is in our food, indexed by barcodes, collected via phone apps.